It has been more than 5 years since I came back from Japan. I had been there for a month for a cultural exchange program. I had always wanted to write something about the exchange, but I was too lazy. Today, my itchy hands played around with Google Earth and I discovered that Google had done a great job adding more satelite pictures into its database. And yea, I found Toyota(No! Not the car, but the city in Aichi prefecture, where I stayed during my exchange program). Not only did I found my host family's house, but I have also found my host school. I am so proud of myself, as I still remember the way from my host famils house to the bus stop in downtown. LOL~
Too bad digital camera was not a mainstream gadget yet at that time. Else, I could take tons of pictures and share it here. I have quite a lot of photos taken in Japan, but not in soft copy though... too bad. Gonna scan em next time.
Here are some snapshots from Google Earth (Click to enlarge):
Here's where I lived when I was in Japan. (Vege farm right in front of the house)
Here's where I waited for my school bus (and saw my kawaii senpai) everyday. It's right in front of Sogo.
I had to walk to the bus stop everyday. It takes about 20 minutes walk to the bus stop. (taihen desu ne!)
It's a long journey from Toyota-shi to my school in Nisshin-shi. About 40 minutes to reach. Gosh, it's so far away.
Here it is, Nagoya Daiichi High School. It's now renamed to Chubu University Daiichi High School. See the field? Yea, the field is 'botak'!
. .
Hi, I went to the same high school (through AFS) in 20 years ago. Your information was very helpful! Thank you for publishing this information.
Posted by
Anonymous |
Friday, September 27, 2013 11:55:00 PM