Friday, June 09, 2006
I have not abondoned this blog. A lot of things had happened last week. So, I don't really have time for any updates.
I was in Singapore to attend a 4-day training. I went earlier though, as the Great Singapore Sale was going on.
On Monday, KYJ and I did something
kiasu. We woke up early and headed to Orchard road at 9a.m.! Yes, 9 o'clock in the morning, when the shops were not open! We were there for this :

Yea, iPod Nano at 50% off. KYJ went to find out about the promo on Friday, and they promised that there would be 50 iPods to be sold on Monday. So, we thought it would be worthwhile for us to queue up two hours before the store is open. By the time we reached Wheelock Plaza, there was already a long queue in front of the Apple Centre. We made a head count, and glad that we were still in the first 50 (I was number 44).
An hour has passed, we found that there were some more people coming in. Some in front of us (their friends
'chop' their place), a lot more behind us. We were no.47 and no.48 by then. We even thought about the worst case (if I became the 50th in the queue, and hence, KYJ couldn't get the discounted iPod). We decided to buy two of 'em in that case, and divide the cost.
Finally, the long awaited moment arrived. The shop openned at 11am sharp. People were rushing in, but to our disappointment, we did not get to buy the discounted iPod, althought we were in the first 50.
They broke their promise... According to one of the salesperson there, the management decided to change the plan in the last minute. Instead of releasing 50 iPods on Monday itself, they decided to release 7 each day. WTF~!
There's nothing could be done. Few tourists (angmohs) were making a fuss out of it. They were going to lodge a complain to the Singapore Tourism Board.
We did not stay any longer after finding out that we missed out on that offer. KYJ was late for work, while I had one full day for shopping. So he headed to the office, and I headed to the shopping malls...
After walking for the whole day, from Orchard to Bugis, then to Queensway, and back to Orchard again, I finally found my bargain at The Heeren:

Nike Dunk Low NL Limited Edition at 50% off
No iPod, but at least I've got Nike. Also at 50% off. That's not too bad. This is not all my encounters in Singapore. More things happened in the next few days...
to be continued