Wednesday, September 06, 2006
I have a new project in mind: A
fool-proof guide for mamas who wanna start learning computers
Your mum might have already been a computer expert, but I know there are lots of mamas out there who are still computer-illiterate. You might have tried to teach her how to use a PC. If you did, I know exactly what you had gone through -
VOMIT BLOOD~!It's not easy to teach your mum how to use a PC, especially if she has what I called "Technophobia", the fear of modern technology.
These are the symptoms of technophobia:
- Think that there is actually a physical button on the keyboard that says "Destroy the PC!"
- Think that computer viruses are small little creatures that eat up the harddisk
- Think that email providers like Gmail, Yahoo! and Hotmail are gonna charge you for registering with them
- Think that the postmen will deliver your emails
- Many more...
Why Do Mummies Wanna Learn How To Use A Computer? (Not that kind of mummies that you can find in Egypt lah~!)
- Because they wanna keep themselves up-to-date
- Because their children are away from home, thus they wanna have another way of communicating with them
- Because they wanna understand their children better, and the best way is to indulge in what their children do
Hence, this idea came to my mind - to create a fool-proof beginners' guide for moms who wanna learn. But I am a lazy person. Without motivation, it's hard for me to start doing something. It would be better if there is a team to do it with me. So, I'm now officially recruiting team members for this project. Anyone interested? Contact me if you do.
The outcome of the project?
THIS~!
Parody Cover, for Fair Use Only. So don't sue me!
.
.