<body>

Monday, January 15, 2007

Bangkok Series Part 3... Role as a Tourist

Friday night... Kalidas and I visited a club called Q Bar (same as the one in KL?), which according to someone, is one of the most happening place. But it was disappointing. The club was filled with lotsa angmoh uncles. Looking around, I suddenly felt like I was in some angmoh country... And the small little dance floor was packed, but people were not dancing. They were just standing there!


Saturday... It was the day that I had been looking forward to. Luckily this weekend I didn't have to work. So there goes my first real outing...

Our first stop was Isetan, which is not too far from where I am staying now. We met a friendly local there, and he suggested us to pay a visit to the Lucky Buddha temple and also a gem stone wholesaler. So he got us a Tuk Tuk, and we headed to the temple. The temple is not a temple meant for tourist, but according to another guy at the temple, the temple is a holy one (in Hokkien, "leng kam").

After the temple trip, we went to this gem stone wholesaler. It was the last day of the promotion. They were selling sapphire and ruby at 30% discount, off the wholesale price. We didn't buy any, since we're on a tight budget. The cheapest ruby jewellery costs about RM1.6k.

Next, we went to a tailor, tried on some Armani suits, before heading back to Siam Station, to catch the BTS train to Chatuchak Weekend market.

Ronald McDonald says, "Sawadika"

The Chatuchak Weekend Flea Market was amazing. From clothing to home deco, you can almost find anything you want there. There are hundreds if not thousands of stalls around, doing retail and wholesale. I think I gonna visit this place again some day.

After few hours at the flea market, we arrived at....

Roue de Paris BIG WHEEL, or... I call it "The Eye of Bangkok"

The view up there. Notice the xmas tree?


The wheel is actually located at the Suan Lum Night Bazaar
(I like this panning shot)


Wheel by night

These bikes remind me of Lawrence

After dinner at the Suan Lum Night Bazaar, we took a walk to the nearby Lumphini Thai Boxing Stadium to watch Muay Thai (Thai Boxing). We paid 1800 Baht for the VIP ticket. Same as Q Bar, the VIP area was filled with angmohs. They paid 2000 Baht though... Hehehe.

Me, at the ring side

This is Muay Thai, not Teochew Muay (Teochew Porridge)



. .

PROFILE

This blog is owned by naVICgaTOR.
It sometimes features a guest blogger, Afser.

ADORES

Beaches~! :)

DETESTS

Bitches :(

WISHLIST

Beemer~

LINKS

Best Online Shopping in Malaysia
Be different, Be A FleaStyler
My Old Journal
My Friendster
Vincent's Journal
the Beckham i know
What's a LabbuQhi?
Shinya's Blog
eeser
The One Tutor
Cheeserland.com
KennySia.com
Wei Xuan~!
PaulTan.org

CHAT HERE



EXTRAS

Nothing to add here at the moment

"SimpliCity Has Its Complexity..."

ARCHIVES

October 2004
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
October 2009
February 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011

CREDITS

I stole this blog skin from here

Since April 2006