Saturday, October 31, 2009
I was fooled by the name of the channel. All afternoon it was showing how different people shoot different bucks, either with a bow or with a gun. Boring. The rig crew enjoyed it though. That's the life of a redneck/coon ass, drinking beer, shooting ducks/bucks, and fishing, period.
Funny things I heard over the PA system of the rig:
"Pick up, pork chop, pork chop in the galley." - yeah, he's known as pork chop, I don't know his real name. Galley is the place where we eat, the "cafeteria" of a rig.
"How 'bout cha, freak, freak, line 2!" - His name is Frank, the crane operator.
"Talk to me, desperado, desperado on 1!" - Again another nickname, his last name is Silverado, which I think is another nickname of his real last name. Nickname of another nickname, pretty cool aye.
Those are the conventions of asking people to pick up the phone.
You should never use this, or you'll be called fag, or get kicked out of the rig.
"Could anyone have Mr. Pork Chop to call the driller on line 1?"
One time I heard a guy with no teeth trying to reach the crane operator. He shouted, "How 'bout cha, cwane opewator, cwane opewator on line thwee!" LMAO.
The sea was really rough this evening, so the driller announced, "Come on lil' indians, lil' indians to the rig floor." - Those indians are his crew (roughnecks).
That's what I call rig entertainment...