Saturday, February 12, 2011
I was at Le Bon Temp listening to Soul Rebels, when one of the guys in the band was going around with a tip jar.
There was a group of black people at the corner of the bar. They are probably the only black people there. (Le Bon Temp attracts a white crowd, mostly Tulane/Loyola kids)
The tip jar came to them, I was standing beside the group, non of them tipped. So tipsy me made a comment about black people never tip. One of them turned around and looked at me with a WTF face.
Me: No offense, but if I were to be black, I won't tip either, I'll just let the white people tip out of their white guilt.
Black guy: !@#@$%!
Me: Want a picture of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan? (while whipping out my iphone and getting close to him for the photo op)
.
.